NGINX helps the world’s most innovative companies deliver their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale. More than 300 million sites — including half of the Internet’s busiest websites — rely on NGINX. Companies like Airbnb, Box, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, SoundCloud, and Zappos use NGINX for advanced load balancing, web and mobile acceleration, security controls, application monitoring, and management.
NGINX Software, Inc. is searching for an Accounting Manager to join our growing team in San Francisco. You will be responsible for the entire accounting cycle, from month-end close, managing a small team, and running the annual audit and tax preparation to preparing multi-currency consolidated financials. This position requires both strong accounting and operational knowledge of the company. You must be comfortable working in a high-growth environment and be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
Our culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a small, growing company with a startup culture and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If you want to make a difference, take your career to the next level, and work in a highly energetic environment, please send us your resume – we’d love to talk.
- Lead the annual audits and tax matters, from preparing to reviewing PBCs
- Manage and review the general ledger for multiple foreign subsidiaries
- Review work of staff and provide best practices for workflow improvement
- Responsible for multi-currency consolidation, from posting elimination entries, preparing RE roll-forward, and reviewing intercompany transactions
- Manage the month-end close process and the accounting team to reduce the number of days to close
- Have working knowledge of the GL and chart of account hierarchy structure, from creating new accounts to modifying account grouping
- Manage, organize, assign, and review projects with minimal guidance
- Lead, mentor, and supervise a small team
- Assist with compliance filing from 1099 to sales/use tax to property tax
- Review, code, obtain approval, and record daily A/P invoices in Bill.com
- Assist with weekly cash collections and follow up to request payment status
- Correspond with vendors/customers for A/P- and A/R-related inquiries
- Update balance sheet schedule from prepaid, fixed asset, and accrued expense to ensure all accruals are accurately recorded
- Assist with any special projects when required
- Prepare and review JEs and credit card transactions before importing to GL
- Research sales and use tax issues as needed
- 3-5 years of accounting experience in high-tech and international environment as an Accounting Manager
- Working knowledge of intercompany transactions, transfer pricing, and preparing multi-currency consolidations
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Business or CPA (strongly preferred)
- Proficiency in Excel (Vlookup, PivotTables, Sumif)
- Working knowledge of sales and use tax
- Must be proactive, organized, and work independently with minimal guidance
- Working knowledge of Intacct, Zuora, Salesforce.com, Salesforce CPQ, and Bill.com would be a plus
NGINX Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.