NGINX helps the world’s most innovative companies deliver their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale. More than 300 million sites — including half of the Internet’s busiest websites — rely on NGINX. Companies like Airbnb, Box, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, SoundCloud, and Zappos use NGINX for advanced load balancing, web and mobile acceleration, security controls, application monitoring, and management.
NGINX Software, Inc., is searching for a Director of IT to join our growing company in our San Francisco office. We are a high-growth company that is driven to create innovative, high-performing, and efficient solutions, and we need an experienced Director of IT who will help us grow and execute global IT policies. The ideal candidate will share our passion for delivering an award-winning end-user experience while solving complicated IT and security problems for our globally distributed teams.
Our culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a small, growing company with a startup culture and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If you want to make a difference, take your career to the next level, and work in a highly energetic environment, please send us your resume – we’d love to talk.
- Manage and oversee IT support and systems administrator team
- Develop, implement, and maintain our global IT policies and procedures
- Ensure high-quality support for both local, remote, and international employees
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define, drive, and maintain the constant security of nginx.com, and all internal systems and networks
- Oversee global IT operations
- Audit and maintain global compliance for IT policies, data and data privacy policies, etc.
- Analyze all new products and platforms for IT and security policy compliance
- Manage the IT operations budget
- Minimum of 8-plus years of progressive IT management experience
- Minimum of 2-plus years of experience leading IT teams and providing global technology leadership
- Previous experience working at a SaaS and/or technology startup company preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- Expert-level comfort with Mac/Linux OS deployment and support
- Ability to manage multiple globally distributed projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify security risks, and develop and implement strategies to address gaps
- Proven experience working with internal stakeholders and business leaders, including the ability to translate technical concepts for a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Direct experience owning an IT budget and negotiating with vendors
NGINX Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.