NGINX helps the world’s most innovative companies deliver their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale. More than 300 million sites — including half of the Internet’s busiest websites — rely on NGINX. Companies like Airbnb, Box, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, SoundCloud, and Zappos use NGINX for advanced load balancing, web and mobile acceleration, security controls, application monitoring, and management.
NGINX Software, Inc. is looking for an Enterprise Support Engineer who speaks Russian to join our team in San Francisco, and provide Level 1 and Level 2 support to NGINX Plus enterprise customers. You will play a critical role in building successful relationships with our clients. You will assist customers with their technical issues and questions around NGINX Plus, including details regarding operating system configuration and tuning. The successful candidate must be comfortable in a highly technical software support environment.
Our culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a small, growing company with a startup culture and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If you want to make a difference, take your career to the next level, and work in a highly energetic environment, please send us your resume – we’d love to talk.
You Will Have Strong Technical Knowledge of the Following:
- Linux or Unix, at a system administrator level, including network configuration and troubleshooting
- Load balancing
- Web serving
- NGINX and Apache are plusses!
- Be the first responder to Level 1 and Level 2 support queries during regular business hours
- Provide periodic after-hours support
- Answer questions from customers about installing, configuring, and tuning NGINX Plus.
- Answer questions from customers about configuring and tuning Linux and networking
- Solve complex real-life customer problems that are often on heavily loaded production systems
- Business fluency in Russian and English required
- A BS/BA degree in a relevant field (CS, EE, MIS) or equivalent experience
- 3-plus years of knowledge of Linux or Unix at a system administrator level
- Experience providing technical support is a plus
- Expert-level knowledge of load balancers, web servers, caching, and web-enabled applications and their associated protocols, e.g., HTTP, TCP/IP, WebSocket, HTTP/2, SSL, SMTP, DNS, etc.
- Experience with network troubleshooting using tools like tcpdump or wireshark
- Experience with system tools, such as SystemTap and DTrace, are a plus
- Ability to responsibly handle sensitive customer data
- Ability to deliver high-quality support, including understanding how important high-quality support is to the NGINX Plus value proposition
- Ability to read and understand C code
- Understanding of how the OS kernel works
- You enjoy working independently and are driven to produce results with a minimum amount of supervision
NGINX Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.