NGINX helps the world’s most innovative companies deliver their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale. More than 300 million sites — including half of the Internet’s busiest websites — rely on NGINX. Companies like Airbnb, Box, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, SoundCloud, and Zappos use NGINX for advanced load balancing, web and mobile acceleration, security controls, application monitoring, and management.
NGINX, International Limited is looking for a Controller Support Engineer to join our growing team in Cork, Ireland, and provide all levels of support to NGINX customers. You will play a critical role in building successful relationships with our clients. You will assist customers with their technical issues and questions around NGINX’s commercial products, including details regarding operating system configuration and tuning. The successful candidate must be comfortable in a highly technical software support environment.
Our culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a small, growing company with a startup culture and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If you want to make a difference, take your career to the next level, and work in a highly energetic environment, please send us your resume – we’d love to talk.
You Will Have Strong Technical Knowledge of the Following:
- Linux or Unix, at a system administrator level, including network configuration and troubleshooting
- Load balancing
- Web serving
- Infrastructure Applications
- NGINX and Apache are plusses!
- Be the first responder to Level 1, Level 2, and more advanced support queries
- Provide after-hours support as needed
- Answer questions from customers about installing, configuring, and tuning NGINX Plus, Controller, and related products.
- Answer questions from customers about configuring and tuning Linux and networking
- Solve complex real-life customer problems that are often on heavily loaded production systems
- A BS/BA degree in a relevant field (CS, EE, MIS) or equivalent experience
- 3-plus years of knowledge of Linux or Unix at a system administrator level
- 3-plus years of experience providing technical support
- Deep knowledge of load balancers, web servers, caching, and web-enabled applications and their associated protocols, e.g., HTTP, TCP/IP, WebSocket, HTTP/2, SSL, SMTP, DNS, etc.
- Familiarity with infrastructure applications like Kubernetes, DC/OS, Weave, etc.
- Experience with network troubleshooting using tools like tcpdump or wireshark
- Ability to responsibly handle sensitive customer data
- Ability to deliver high-quality support, including understanding how important high-quality support is to the NGINX value proposition
- Understanding of how the OS kernel works
- You enjoy working independently and are driven to produce results with a minimum amount of supervision
- Experience with system tools, such as SystemTap and DTrace, are a plus
- Experience working with development teams is a plus
- Ability to speak Russian is a plus
NGINX, International Limited‘s EMEA Headquarters is based in Cork City Centre, Ireland, where we embrace the culture and attitude from our global headquarters in downtown San Francisco. In our Cork office, you’ll find a great working environment with fun and smart people while being surrounded by great restaurants, bars, and all sorts of other things we make good use of as a team!
NGINX is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.