NGINX is the world’s fastest growing web server and application acceleration company with hundreds of millions of sites using our software. It is the #1 web server of choice for the top 100,000 busiest websites, including Facebook, Netflix, Hulu, Pinterest, WordPress, and Living Social. NGINX has an amazing culture built upon our core traits: Progress, Excellence, Openness, and Curiosity.
NGINX, Inc. is searching for a North America Channel Sales Director to join our growing sales team in San Francisco to help us develop, grow, enable, and our channel partner ecosystem. This position reports to the VP of Corporate Sales.
If you have strong tactical experience and the know-how to strategically identify and develop an effective channel model, this is your opportunity to take ownership of a key leadership role and build a line of business that will be critical to NGINX’s continued growth. NGINX is a company dedicated to positive cultural values, and you will have the opportunity to work with a team of amazingly talented professionals who want to make a difference. If you’re excited by the challenge of a fast-paced, high-growth company with a killer product, and have the energy and passion to expertly develop and implement a winning sales strategy in a high-visibility position, this is a role where you can showcase your talent and make an impact!
- Identify, develop, and recruit new channel partners like digital agencies, system integrators, resellers, and service partners to grow NGINX’s sales pipeline
- Design, implement, and measure a comprehensive channel plan for incremental sales
- Evolve our channel program by introducing creative ideas about programs, sales strategies, and incentives to extend to partners to drive growth
- Be an NGINX subject matter expert by demonstrating the ability to communicate with partners on all of our products, services, solutions, and competitive offerings
- Work with internal, external, and partner stakeholders to enable sales and technical training of our products
- Work cross-functionally with sales, marketing, and other teams on various channel opportunities
- Ensure sales and other teams know our partners, available solutions, and how they can leverage these partners to drive growth in our accounts
- Maintain laser-like focus on the management of your sales pipeline
- Provide regular reporting and forecast using Salesforce.com
- Align the sales team with NGINX’s company goals and have fun every day you are here…it’s contagious
- Travel as needed to grow the business
- Proven success selling a technical software and/or hardware solution, and a strong technical acumen
- Direct experience creating and executing partner business plans with both global and regional partners
- Experience with open source is a plus
- A “roll-up-the-sleeves” and “do what it takes” attitude with a passion for developing relationships and driving business
- The interpersonal and influencing skills to effectively design and implement channel strategy and operations
- Comfort with Salesforce.com, and various sales and prospecting tools
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage large task lists without losing sight of any important items
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional groups and be an awesome team player
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strategic insight and the ability to see the big picture while designing tactical processes
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner through the spoken word and email
NGINX, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of Progress, Excellence, Openness, and Curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX, Inc. is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX, Inc. employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX, Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.