NGINX is the world’s fastest growing web server and application acceleration company with hundreds of millions of sites using our software. It is the #1 web server of choice for the top 100,000 busiest websites, including Facebook, Netflix, Hulu, Pinterest, WordPress, and Living Social. NGINX has an amazing culture built upon our core traits: Progress, Excellence, Openness, and Curiosity.
NGINX, Inc. is searching for a Payroll and General Ledger Accountant to join our growing team in San Francisco. You will be responsible for processing all salaried and hourly employees, including off-cycle payroll runs. Additional duties will include assisting with sales commission and processing A/P invoices, and posting journal entries to Intacct.
- Ensure all hourly employees update their timecards daily
- Work with HR to update employee payroll master file
- Set up new employees for payroll and expense reporting
- Assist with A/P invoices by reviewing, coding, obtaining approval, and recording daily invoices in Bill.com
- Assist with weekly cash collection
- Track and pull credit card receipts and fixed asset invoices
- Assist with any special projects as required
- Pull bi-monthly payroll reports for JE importing to Intacct
- Assist with sales commission and prepare reversing JE
- Prepare fixed asset roll-forward, prepaid, accrued expense, and notes payable schedule
- Pull and review employee expense reports
- 2-4 years of accounting experience in a technology company or startup environment
- Experience managing direct payroll and sales commission
- Must have or be working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Business
- Proficiency in Excel (Vlookup, PivotTables, Sumif)
- Must be a deadline-driven, organized, detail-oriented, and dependable person
- Working knowledge of Intacct, Zuora, Salesforce.com, ADP, and/or TriNet are plusses!
NGINX, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of Progress, Excellence, Openness, and Curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX, Inc. is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX, Inc. employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX, Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.