NGINX is the world’s fastest growing web server and application acceleration company with hundreds of millions of sites using our software. It is the #1 web server of choice for the top 100,000 busiest websites, including Facebook, Netflix, Hulu, Pinterest, WordPress, and Living Social. NGINX has an amazing culture built upon our core traits: Progress, Excellence, Openness, and Curiosity.
NGINX, Inc. is seeking a professional and talented Pre-Sales Engineering Manager to support our sales efforts by immediately joining our team in San Francisco. You will be a player/coach, acting as a Pre-Sales Engineer while also helping to manage our growing pre-sales team. You will play a critical role in building successful relationships with our clients. You will be the technical arm, assisting in the engineering needs of our current and potential client base. The successful candidate must be comfortable in a highly technical pre-sales environment, presenting, and demonstrating solutions for the technology; have expertise as a Pre-Sales Engineer; and have experience leading a team of Pre-Sales Engineers.
You Will Have Strong Technical Knowledge of the Following:
- Intelligent load balancing
- Application acceleration
- Application request routing
- Web serving
- Dynamic content caching
- SSL and compression offload
- Manage a globally distributed team of Pre-Sales Engineers
- Hire new Pre-Sales Engineers
- Manage technical leadership and ownership of customer proof of concepts and technical investigations
- Manage and lead customers through the evaluation process, answering all technical questions
- Provide technical presentations and demonstrations
- Develop and present technical webinars
- Write highly technical web articles
- Oversee the enabling and training of partners to be able to speak intelligently and show NGINX Plus in the best light. This may be in the form of a webinar, onsite training, lunch and learn, etc.
- Engage regularly with our international engineering teams
- Work with prospective customers to understand their business drivers and tailor the optimal solution
- Work with customers to help define their requirements for professional services engagement and to deliver those engagements
- Update our CRM on a regular basis
- You have a BS/BA degree in a relevant field (CS, EE, MIS) or equivalent experience
- Experience providing pre-sales technical support for commercial accounts
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience leading or managing a pre-sales team
- Experience in traffic management and load-balancing technologies, e.g., F5, Citrix, Riverbed, Kemp, or others; or experience using NGINX
- Expert-level knowledge of HTTP, web servers, and web applications
- Knowledge of associated protocols, e.g., TCP/IP, WebSocket, SPDY/HTTP2, SSL, SMTP, POP, DNS, etc.
- Skills in Linux- and UNIX-based systems
- Skills in networking technologies, and Internet security products and services
- You enjoy traveling, working odd hours, and being very available
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills in English
- You enjoy working independently and are driven to produce results with a minimum amount of supervision
- You enjoy traveling 10-30% of the time
NGINX, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of Progress, Excellence, Openness, and Curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX, Inc. is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX, Inc. employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX, Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.