NGINX helps the world’s most innovative companies deliver their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale. More than 300 million sites — including half of the Internet’s busiest websites — rely on NGINX. Companies like Airbnb, Box, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, SoundCloud, and Zappos use NGINX for advanced load balancing, web and mobile acceleration, security controls, application monitoring, and management.
NGINX Software, Inc. is searching for a Product Manager (PM) to join our growing team in San Francisco. The Product Manager will be responsible for creating and executing a winning strategy for delivering and extending NGINX‘s value across modern applications and architectures.
Our culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a small, growing company with a startup culture and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If you want to make a difference, take your career to the next level, and work in a highly energetic environment, please send us your resume – we’d love to talk.
This is a key role with the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with NGINX leadership to define the Controller product strategy
- Take ownership of the Controller roadmap and priorities
- Keep stakeholders informed of product plans and key dependencies
- Work with development to deliver capabilities and releases on an aggressive schedule
- Work with other PMs to ensure product plans are aligned and dependencies are known
- Engage with customers and sales regularly to share knowledge and collect feedback
- Present as a thought leader and subject matter expert at internal, customer, and industry events
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- At least 5 years of enterprise software product management experience, ideally with at least 2 years of experience managing PMs
- Strong knowledge of DevOps and AppDev buyers, the ecosystem of products they use, and the various architectures involved with delivering applications
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science
- An MBA is preferred but not required with sufficient experience in a PM role
NGINX Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.