NGINX helps the world’s most innovative companies deliver their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale. More than 300 million sites — including half of the Internet’s busiest websites — rely on NGINX. Companies like Airbnb, Box, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, SoundCloud, and Zappos use NGINX for advanced load balancing, web and mobile acceleration, security controls, application monitoring, and management.
Do you have a passion for innovation and bringing extraordinary new products to market? Do you want to help promote a product that’s not just good, but beloved by hundreds of millions? Have you wanted to work at an innovative open source software company? Look no further. NGINX Software, Inc. is searching for a Product Marketer to join our growing sales team in San Francisco.
As a critical part of our marketing team, you will help establish the messaging, positioning, enablement, and evangelism of our commercial products.
You Will Have Accountability For:
- Evangelizing and driving adoption of the NGINX Application Platform, which includes our NGINX Plus, NGINX Controller, and NGINX Unit products
- Developing content, tools, and campaigns to help senior infrastructure, architecture, and developer leadership consider and evaluate NGINX technologies
- Creating awareness for NGINX’s technologies in key areas like microservices, service mesh, and IoT, as well as promote innovation in open source software
- Driving the creation of thought leadership to engage CxO buyers and influencers on the business value of NGINX products and open source projects
- Connecting with customers and the users of our open source project to define customer testimonials and case studies
- Presenting to press, analysts, customers, and at events and tradeshows to raise awareness of NGINX’s value to senior IT leadership
- Partnering with the rest of the marketing team to craft appropriate marketing programs, campaign concepts, and demand generation activity
- Working closely with product management to distill key product features and benefits into core messaging, refine go-to-market strategies, and lead product launch efforts
Ideal Candidates Will:
- Have at least 5-8 years of experience in product marketing within a technology company. Experience with cloud services and/or developer tools preferred
- Have at least 5-8 years of experience creating ROI, TCO, whitepapers, and business justification content for IT leadership
- Be able to demonstrate thought leadership and subject matter expertise via publications (placed articles, blogs, social postings) on a particular technology
- Be an accomplished public speaker for both internal and external engagements
- Have a passion for enterprise software, open source software, and developer tools
- Be able to collaborate effectively across a rapidly growing, global organization
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, venture-backed startup environment
- Have a passion for data and metrics-driven reporting
- Have a strong attention to detail
NGINX Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.