NGINX helps the world’s most innovative companies deliver their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale. More than 300 million sites — including half of the Internet’s busiest websites — rely on NGINX. Companies like Airbnb, Box, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, SoundCloud, and Zappos use NGINX for advanced load balancing, web and mobile acceleration, security controls, application monitoring, and management.
NGINX, International Limited is searching for a QA Engineer with a strong background in automation to join a vibrant engineering team in our Cork, Ireland, office. You will work on one of the most exciting network management projects in the application delivery industry.
We’re building tools to help millions of our loyal users do more with their NGINX servers. As a member of the core quality assurance team, you’ll apply your talent, knowledge, skills, and experience toward the operations, deployment, and creation of our sophisticated backend and client-side mechanisms aimed at managing Layer 7 Networks, microservices applications, and their networking, as well as visualization and analysis.
Our culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a small, growing company with a startup culture and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If you want to make a difference, take your career to the next level, and work in a highly energetic environment, please send us your resume – we’d love to talk.
- Ensure tests are implemented at the unit, functional, and integration levels
- Automate software testing in our continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) system
- Update and maintain tests using Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, and other tools
- Create performance and load testing using tools like JMeter
- Help the development teams implement test-driven development
- Create acceptance criteria for user stories
- Perform black-box and white-box testing
- Do hands-on testing for the user experience
- Follow test plans and ensure that we deliver a quality product
- Minimum of 5 years of experience testing software
- Working experience with automation frameworks (HP UFT, Selenium, Cucumber, etc.)
- Hands-on experience in testing enterprise management systems for distributed workloads
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with multiple *nix operating systems
- Working understanding of code and script (Node.js, Go, Bash)
- Experience with time series systems and monitoring tools
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with performance testing applications
- Experience with Git
- Ability to write SQL queries (including select, joins, grouping, etc.)
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with implementing continuous integration, delivery, and deployment practices with Jenkins
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
NGINX, International Limited‘s EMEA Headquarters is based in Cork City Centre, Ireland, where we embrace the culture and attitude from our global headquarters in downtown San Francisco. In our Cork office, you’ll find a great working environment with fun and smart people while being surrounded by great restaurants, bars, and all sorts of other things we make good use of as a team!
NGINX is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.