NGINX is the world’s fastest growing web server and application acceleration company with hundreds of millions of sites using our software. It is the #1 web server of choice for the top 100,000 busiest websites, including Facebook, Netflix, Hulu, Pinterest, WordPress, and Living Social. NGINX has an amazing culture built upon our core traits: Progress, Excellence, Openness, and Curiosity.
NGINX, Inc. is searching for a Sales Development Representative to join our growing sales team in San Francisco. This position reports to the SDR Manager, Danny West.
Technical acumen and/or prior business development experience are big plusses!
- Schedule highly qualified meetings for Account Executives by promoting NGINX’s products and professional services to build a sales pipeline
- Manage inbound leads and properly disposition them
- Leverage prospecting tools and outbound calling techniques to schedule meetings with identified target accounts
- Collaborate with marketing, support, sales, and product teams to facilitate new programs, messaging, campaigns, and offerings
- Ensure inbound requests and opportunity handoffs to sales, business development, and support are successful and exceed the customer’s satisfaction
- Ensure reporting and communications are frequent and bi-directional
- Exhibit qualities of overachievement, self-motivation, good teamwork, and positive attitude
- Meet and exceed minimum activity metrics: 60 Dials, 10 conversations, and 60 emails per day
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com CRM tool and LinkedIn/prospecting tools
- Previous experience in business development is a plus
- Previous experience with technology is a plus
First Pass Interview:
You will conduct a telephone pitch of NGINX and NGINX Plus with Danny West, the SDR Manager, with the goal of setting a meeting for your Account Executive. This will be timed and is not to exceed 5 minutes. Candidates will not be expected to be experts in our technology but will be tested for their ability to overcome objections, as well as benchmark your preparation for the call.
NGINX, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of Progress, Excellence, Openness, and Curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX, Inc. is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX, Inc. employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX, Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.