NGINX helps the world’s most innovative companies deliver their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale. More than 300 million sites — including half of the Internet’s busiest websites — rely on NGINX. Companies like Airbnb, Box, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, SoundCloud, and Zappos use NGINX for advanced load balancing, web and mobile acceleration, security controls, application monitoring, and management.
NGINX Software, Inc. is looking for a Sales Engineer to immediately join our team and work remotely from Boston, MA. You will play a critical role in building successful relationships with our clients. You will be the technical arm, assisting in the engineering needs of our current and potential client base. To support our sales efforts, we are seeking a professional and talented Sales Engineer to join our team immediately. The successful candidate must be comfortable in a highly technical pre- and post-sales environment, presenting and demonstrating solutions for the technology, and designing and delivering implementations for our customers.
You will have strong technical knowledge of the following:
- Intelligent load balancing
- Application acceleration
- Application request routing
- Web serving
- Dynamic content caching
- SSL and compression offload
- Manage technical leadership and ownership of customer proof of concepts and technical investigations
- Manage and lead customers through the evaluation process, answering all technical questions
- Provide technical presentations and demonstrations
- Develop and present technical webinars
- Write highly technical web articles
- Oversee the enabling and training of partners to be able to speak intelligently and show NGINX Plus in the best light. This may be in the form of a webinar, onsite training, lunch and learn, etc.
- Engage regularly with our international engineering teams
- Work with prospective customers to understand their business drivers and tailor the optimal solution
- Work with customers to help define their requirements for professional services engagement and to deliver those engagements
- Update our CRM on a regular basis
- BS/BA degree in a relevant field (CS, EE, MIS) or equivalent experience
- Experience in traffic management and load-balancing technologies, e.g., F5, Citrix, Riverbed, Kemp, or others; or experience using NGINX
- Expert-level knowledge of HTTP, web servers, and web applications
- Knowledge of associated protocols, e.g., TCP/IP, WebSocket, SPDY/HTTP2, SSL, SMTP, POP, DNS, etc.
- Skills in Linux-/UNIX-based systems
- Skills in networking technologies, and Internet security products and services
- You enjoy traveling, working odd hours, and being very available
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills in English
- You enjoy working independently and are driven to produce results with a minimum amount of supervision
- You enjoy traveling 10-30% of the time
NGINX Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.