NGINX helps the world’s most innovative companies deliver their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale. More than 300 million sites — including half of the Internet’s busiest websites — rely on NGINX. Companies like Airbnb, Box, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, SoundCloud, and Zappos use NGINX for advanced load balancing, web and mobile acceleration, security controls, application monitoring, and management.
Our Business Operations team is looking for a personable Salesforce Developer to join our team in our San Francisco HQ. This role’s main responsibilities will be backend SFDC developer but will also constantly be working cross functionally with many of the teams here: Sales, Marketing, Finance, etc, so communication and ability to work collaboratively with different opinions is key. This person will be technical in nature but also have the experience to see the big picture and ability to suggest the next stage of SFDC implementation. This role is based out of our San Francisco headquarters. Remote candidates will not be considered.
We work with lots of third party tools, i.e. Marketo, Intacct, and InsightSquared, to name a few. Any experience with an ERP is fantastic, but Orcale or NetSuite is even better. Because of the nature of this role, the technicality needed and the high visibility of this role, at least three years experience as an SFDC developer is required.
The individual in this position will need to know when to agree and when to push back in order to protect the integrity and quality of our data, the seamlessness of our user experience and the alignment with our overall business strategies. They will be looked at as the subject matter expert when it comes to how Salesforce.com and related CRM applications can and should be used across the entire customer life cycle.
The NGINX culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a small, growing company with a startup culture and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If you want to make a difference, take your career to the next level, and work in a highly energetic environment, we want you!
- Design and develop solutions on the Salesforce.com platform, using Apex programming language
- Build out Salesforce platform to ensure productivity and enhance customer experience
- Identify complex problems and create solutions to resolve them
- Integrate Salesforce with 3rd party applications and other tools
- Maintain dashboards, custom report, and workflows
- User setup and management
- Support cross functional department endeavors with Sales, Marketing and others
- Best practice implementation
- Data reporting and analytics
- API Integration SOQL SOSL a plus
- Custom object configurations
- Translating business requirements and policies into clear business flows, technical specifications and implement changes in systems/user account settings, etc.
- Salesforce Developer Certified a must
- 3+ years experience working as a Salesforce developer
- Full lifecycle implementation experience
- Hands on experience and understanding with Visualforce, Apex
- Technically inclined with Sales Cloud, and Community Cloud
- Able to work independently as well as a part of cross-functional teams
- Experience developing applications from requirements gathering to deployment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as excellent communication skills, verbal and written to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong business acumen, high attention to detail, and a data-friendly brain to ensure our programs launch and run effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Information Technology or related field preferred
- Salesforce.com Administrator or equivalent Salesforce Administration experience managing an Enterprise-level instance with >100 users
- CPQ experience is preferred
- Ability to prioritize work and adjust to rapidly changing requirements and demands
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, document management, and team leadership skills
- Previous Business Analyst, Sales Operations, Sales, Marketing, Technical Support and/or Project Management experience
NGINX Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.