NGINX is the world’s fastest growing web server and application acceleration company with hundreds of millions of sites using our software. It is the #1 web server of choice for the top 100,000 busiest websites, including Facebook, Netflix, Hulu, Pinterest, WordPress, and Living Social. NGINX has an amazing culture built upon our core traits: Progress, Excellence, Openness, and Curiosity.
NGINX, Inc. is looking for a Senior Market Research Analyst to join our team in San Francisco who will be responsible for driving the vision and roadmap for online and social media marketing.
- Design and analyze research methods and initiatives
- Identify key performance indicators (KPI’s) to determine control and variables for research
- Design and execute research studies (A/B testing methods)
- Prepare research process, analyze results, develop and prepare reports
- Develop research methods
- Perform statistical analysis, and develop test cases to be run 6-8 times per year based on by analyzing industry trends
- Gather and analyze data on direct marketing campaigns
- Analyze key business areas and channels (Facebook, YouTube, etc.)
- Identify and develop new customer channels
- Develop reports and advise marketing team
- Work with IT (software developers and front-end engineers), Art Director and NGINX stakeholders to use the data gathered to inform an online marketing strategy on par with the projected growth of our company as a leader in the industry
- Conduct industry trend research; gather and analyze data on competitors (process, methods, target markets, etc.)
- Research avenues for new users
- Monitor social behavior and satisfaction of NGINX users and potential users
- Review market research data in the industry
- Write proposals and consult with internal and external sources
- Prepare forecasts and reports based on findings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Sociology, Political Economy, Business Administration or a related social science field
- 2 years of related experience. Experience must include:
- 1.5 years working with developers/technical teams to improve websites
- 1.5 years working on website and application design projects
- 1.5 years front-development technologies (HTML, CSS, etc.)
- 1.5 years in website and mobile application design
- 1 year A/B testing methods
- 1 year Agile development practices
- 1 year UX, SEO and website performance best practices
- Any level of experience in online marketing/social media campaign development
- Any level of experience conducting market research on social media campaigns
NGINX, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of Progress, Excellence, Openness, and Curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX, Inc. is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX, Inc. employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX, Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.