NGINX is the world’s fastest growing web server and application acceleration company with hundreds of millions of sites using our software. It is the #1 web server of choice for the top 100,000 busiest websites, such as Dropbox, Pinterest, WordPress.com, Netflix, and Wikipedia. NGINX has an amazing culture built upon our core traits: Curiosity, Openness, Progress, and Excellence.
NGINX, Inc. is searching for a Senior QA Engineer with a strong background in automation to join a vibrant engineering team with the opportunity to work on one of the most exciting network management projects in the application delivery industry.
We’re building the tools to help millions of our loyal users do more with their NGINX servers. As a member of the core quality assurance team, you’ll apply your talent, knowledge, skills, and experience toward operations, deployment, and the creation of our sophisticated backend and client-side mechanisms aimed at managing Layer 7 Networks, microservices applications and their networking, as well as visualization and analysis.
- Ensure tests are implemented at the unit, functional, and integration levels
- Automate software testing in our CI/CD system
- Update and maintain tests using Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, and other tools
- Create performance and load testing using tools like JMeter
- Help the development teams implement test-driven development
- Create acceptance criteria for user stories
- Perform black-box and white-box testing
- Do hands-on testing for the user experience
- Follow test plans and ensure that we deliver a quality product
- Minimum of 5 years of experience testing software
- Working experience with automation frameworks (HP UFT, Selenium, Cucumber, etc.)
- Hands-on experience in testing enterprise management systems for distributed workloads
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with multiple *nix operating systems
- Working understanding of code and script (Node.js., Go, Bash)
- Experience with time series systems and monitoring tools
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with performance testing applications
- Experience with Git
- Ability to write SQL queries (including select, joins, grouping, etc.)
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with implementing continuous integration, delivery, and deployment practices with Jenkins
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
NGINX, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of Progress, Excellence, Openness, and Curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX, Inc. is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX, Inc. employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX, Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.