NGINX helps the world’s most innovative companies deliver their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale. More than 400 million sites — including half of the Internet’s busiest websites — rely on NGINX. Companies like Airbnb, Box, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, SoundCloud, and Zappos use NGINX for advanced load balancing, web and mobile acceleration, security controls, application monitoring, and management. Most of the companies in Australia we have grown to love use NGINX today.
As the next phase of our successful global expansion, NGINX Asia Pacific is searching for a Solution Architect for Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) to be one of the founding members of our Asia Pacific team and team up with the Enterprise Sales team to drive the enterprise sales activities for the important Australian and New Zealand business. This is possibly one of the most exciting new regional startups to enter the Australian market in a number of years, with substantial opportunity backed by an experienced, dynamic and proven management team. The position will be supported by some of the best technical, marketing, and support people in our industry. The Solution Architect will preferably work from our Sydney office, owning and directly working with the ANZ large enterprise market. This is not a cold start — there is already a very active pipeline of opportunities and many of the top 1000 ANZ companies are already using NGINX.
To be considered you MUST be an Australian Citizen or Permanent resident, or have existing permission to be able to live and work in Australia.
You will play a critical role in building successful relationships with our clients. You will be the technical arm, assisting in the engineering and solution design needs of our current and potential client base. To support our sales efforts, we are seeking a professional and talented Solution Architect to join our team immediately. The successful candidate must be comfortable in a highly technical pre- and post-sales environment, presenting and demonstrating solutions for the technology, and designing and delivering implementations for our customers.
A strong network in the enterprise sector is a distinct advantage. A knowledge of networking, load balancer, and application delivery controller (ADC) markets are definite advantages but not mandatory. Knowledge of the open source environment would be looked upon favourably but is also not mandatory.
Our culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a small, growing company with a startup culture and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If you want to make a difference, take your career to the next level, and work in a highly energetic environment, please send us your resume –we’d love to talk.
You will have strong technical knowledge of the following:
- Intelligent load balancing
- Application acceleration
- Application request routing
- Web serving
- Dynamic content caching
- SSL and compression offload
- Architecture and deployment environments with NGINX including Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, OpenShift, and other software-based deployment tools
- Manage technical leadership and ownership of customer proof of concepts and technical investigations
- Manage and lead customers through the evaluation process, answering all technical questions
- Provide technical presentations and demonstrations for customers, prospects, and at technical workshops and conferences
- Develop and present technical webinars
- Write highly technical web articles
- Oversee the enabling and training of partners to be able to speak intelligently and show NGINX Plusin the best light. This may be in the form of a webinar, onsite training, lunch and learn, etc.
- Engage regularly with our international engineering teams
- Work with prospective customers to understand their business drivers and tailor the optimal solution
- Work with customers to help define their requirements for professional services engagement and to deliver those engagements
- Update our CRM on a regular basis
- BS/BA degree in a relevant field (CS, EE, MIS) or equivalent experience
- Experience in traffic management and load-balancing technologies, e.g., F5, Citrix, Riverbed, Kemp, or others; or experience using NGINX
- Expert-level knowledge of HTTP, web servers, and web applications
- Knowledge of associated protocols, e.g., TCP/IP, WebSocket, SPDY/HTTP2, SSL, SMTP, POP, DNS, etc.
- Skills in Linux-/UNIX-based systems
- Skills in networking technologies, and Internet security products and services
- You enjoy traveling, working odd hours, and being very available
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills in English
- You are a self-starter, enjoy working independently and are driven to produce results with a minimum amount of supervision
- You enjoy traveling 10-30% of the time
Other characteristics we value very highly;
- Be an absolute pleasure for customers and colleagues to work with
- High energy and a ‘can do’ positive attitude
- Willingness to dive in, roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done to grow the business in ANZ.
- Demonstrate core leadership qualities from the outset
- Be a smart and highly driven individual with a track record of solid achievement
- Be comfortable with cold- and warm-calling at an executive level
- Be comfortable in a remote working environment with the skill of being a self motivator
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Be open to change
NGINX Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.