NGINX is the world’s fastest growing web server and application acceleration company with hundreds of millions of sites using our software. It is the #1 web server of choice for the top 100,000 busiest websites, including Facebook, Netflix, Hulu, Pinterest, WordPress, and Living Social. NGINX has an amazing culture built upon our core traits: Progress, Excellence, Openness, and Curiosity.
NGINX Software, Inc. is looking for a full-time Technical Training Developer and Trainer to help grow NGINX University.
- Deliver in-person and virtual training on NGINX and NGINX Plus to customers and prospects
- Develop new training titles and update existing titles to keep pace with the product
- Define objectives and use cases
- Build and test hands-on activities in training environments
- Write content to prepare participants to successfully complete hands-on activities
- Pilot training deliveries and feedback
- Work with the training manager, product managers, professional services, and others to define new titles
- Create content for multiple channels, e.g., eLearning, ILT, blog posts, and certifications
- Technical depth and flexibility to present credibly to very technical audiences
- An interest in how people learn
- An interest in both writing and delivering training
- An interest in new web technologies, e.g., DevOps, microservices, etc.
- A willingness to dig-in on the hard stuff to make sure it’s done right
- Experience creating and delivering training for some or all of the following:
- HTTP, web servers, and web applications
- Load balancing
- Linux and UNIX systems
- Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, and related systems
- Experience configuring environments in AWS, Google Cloud, or similar systems
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills in English
- Enjoy working independently and driven to produce results with a minimum amount of supervision
- Able to travel 10-30% of the time
NGINX Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of Progress, Excellence, Openness, and Curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX Software, Inc. is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.