NGINX helps the world’s most innovative companies deliver their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale. More than 300 million sites — including half of the Internet’s busiest websites — rely on NGINX. Companies like Airbnb, Box, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, SoundCloud, and Zappos use NGINX for advanced load balancing, web and mobile acceleration, security controls, application monitoring, and management.
Do you have a passion for innovation and bringing extraordinary new products to market? Do you want to help promote a product that’s not just good, but beloved by hundreds of millions? Have you wanted to work at an innovative open source software company? Look no further.
NGINX Software, Inc. is searching for an Editor/Writer to join our growing marketing team in the exciting SoMA neighborhood of San Francisco. Our offices are near BART, Caltrain, bus services, and the ferry.
As an important part of our marketing team, you will help maintain and advance the voice of NGINX as you help create and deliver content for our very popular blog, case studies, eBooks, and other web and downloadable content.
You Will Have Accountability For:
- Copy editing web and downloadable content for the very popular nginx.com website
- Editing includes NGINX setup and configuration code for web server, reverse proxy server, and load balancer use cases
- Coordinating editing, proofreading, conversion to WordPress, and publishing of web content
- Writing less technical pieces on topics such as events, news, and introductions to technical terms
- SEO-optimizing new and existing content
- Representing the marketing team and the content marketing effort across NGINX
Strong Candidates Will:
- Have 2-3 years, or more, experience as a writer and/or editor for technical content
- Have experience with content management systems (CMS) for posting content to the web
- Have experience working with, and/or writing for, software developers
- Have experience in a startup or other fast-growing, fast-changing work environment
- Understand online marketing in general, and search engine optimization (SEO) specifically
- Be able to collaborate effectively across a rapidly growing, global organization
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, venture-backed startup environment
- Have strong attention to detail
- Be willing and able to work most days in our offices
NGINX Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.