NGINX Controller Part 1
NGINX Controller is a seven‑hour course that shows you how to install the NGINX Controller software and use it to configure and manage NGINX Plus instances as load balancers and API gateways.
In the NGINX Controller class, you’ll install the NGINX Controller server and install the NGINX Controller agent software on two NGINX Plus instances configured to load balance backend web servers. You’ll use the NGINX Controller Analyzer to determine which best‑practice configurations to apply to a load balancer, and learn how to set alerts based on the metrics collected by NGINX Controller. You’ll learn how to set up new users, as well as create configuration templates and apply them to multiple instances. You’ll learn how to tag, filter, and graph metrics and create custom dashboards. After configuring two load balancers, you’ll use NGINX Controller to configure and manage an API gateway.
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Install NGINX Controller
- Install the NGINX Controller agent on NGINX Plus instances
- Configure load‑balancing templates
- Copy, modify and apply load‑balancing templates to NGINX Plus instances
- Locate NGINX Controller and NGINX Plus log files
- Configure NGINX to allow collection of additional NGINX metrics
- Monitor system metrics
- Monitor additional NGINX metrics
- Create preconfigured dashboards
- Create custom dashboards including individual graphs and values
- Create new users
- Create alerts based on thresholds
- View and cancel notifications
- Use the NGINX Controller Analyzer to view and correct configurations
- Configure and test multiple load balancing methods
- Configure NGINX Plus as an API gateway
- Create an endpoint
- Configure backends
- Add an API base path and resources
- Create routes and individual policies
- Create, publish and test an API environment
- Set policy on an API environment
- Set up access via an API key
- Setu up HTTPS access
Admins and DevOps professionals wishing to become familiar with the capabilities of the NGINX Controller software.
No prior experience with NGINX is required. Participants should have a basic understanding of web servers. Currently, the installation of the NGINX Controller server and agent software is done at the command line, but most of the work is done in the UI and all instructions are provided in the course guide.