Securing Your Applications with NGINX Part 1
Securing Applications with NGINX is an eight‑hour course for individuals who want a deep understanding of the security features in NGINX and NGINX Plus. In this course you’ll identify and administer client‑side and upstream encryption (SSL/TLS), configure access control (rate limiting, blacklisting/whitelisting), set up authentication (HTTP Basic Auth, OAuth 2.0), and tune the NGINX proxy for reliable, persistent, fast, and secure connections.
The second half of the course explores using NGINX Plus to secure API traffic, authenticate users with OpenID Connect, and block malicious traffic with the NGINX WAF dynamic module based on ModSecurity 3.0.
After completing this course you will know how to:
- Use core NGINX security directives
- Correctly authenticate and sign APIs using NGINX Plus
- Combine technologies to achieve single sign‑on (SSO)
- Install and configure the NGINX WAF
- Administer OWASP, with an awareness of its benefits and limitations
NGINX developers, DevOps engineers, and administrators who want to make sure their solutions are a secure as they can be.
Completion of the NGINX Core course, or comparable experience.