This year, F5 Agility returns to the online stage April 20–22 with a wide range of information sessions, talks, and workshops designed to help you get the most out of F5’s products, services, and third‑party integrations. NGINX, as part of F5, has prepared a set of content tailored with you in mind, complete with the latest product releases and features as well as thought‑provoking discussions on app delivery, security, digital architecture, and microservices deployment.
Here’s just a short selection of talks and other events which will undoubtedly be of interest to the NGINX community. Find out more about F5 Agility and register!
Production-Grade Kubernetes in Action
Demand for improved and innovative approaches to deploying Kubernetes has risen sharply over the past few years, and NGINX has risen to the occasion with its solutions for production‑grade Kubernetes: NGINX Ingress Controller, NGINX App Protect, and NGINX Service Mesh.
Agility will play host to a three‑part series of break‑out sessions where NGINX experts explore key considerations around production‑grade Kubernetes:
- Owen Garrett and Jenn Gile ask – and answer! – the question How Should I Manage Kubernetes Traffic? They explain how to select the right Ingress controller for your use cases and what makes an Ingress controller “production‑grade”. [April 20 at 1:00 p.m. PDT]
- Owen and Jenn continue with How Do I Secure Kubernetes Without Slowing Down Apps? Learn how to simplify security by centralizing WAF and authentication at the point of ingress, and why and where to duplicate your WAF both within and outside of Kubernetes. [April 21 at 9:00 a.m. PDT]
- Jenn is then joined by Alan Murphy and Phil Jong to consider When Will I Need a Service Mesh? They demystify the complexity of Kubernetes networking, outline a checklist for deciding whether you need a service mesh, and provide guidance on choosing the right one. [April 22 at 9:00 a.m. PDT]
To help you put the answers into action as you choose the right strategy for Kubernetes deployment, Amir Rawdat hosts a lightning session, When Performance Matters: Choosing Between NGINX Ingress Controllers.
Finally, Allen Cheon and Dylen Turnbull present a lightning session and demo on Simplifying Your Kubernetes Deployments with NGINX and Rancher (Now Part of SUSE). Join them to see how you can deploy Rancher and NGINX Plus Ingress Controller in two minutes flat!
All about APIs – From Distribution to Security
As many of our customers’ digital infrastructures and ecosystems have been tested rigorously in recent months, they’ve realized more than ever before how much they need an adaptive and intuitive approach to API management. Deploying, managing, and securing your APIs in real time is now an essential part of your modern application strategy, and NGINX has got you covered.
Don’t miss these breakout sessions:
- Damian Curry hosts the culinary‑themed(!) Baking the Cake: Ingredients for Modern App Builds, reviewing examples of modern application architectures that combine functional components in various ways. [April 20 at 2:00 p.m. PDT]
- Alessandro Fael García shows how Deploying NGINX Plus as an API Gateway – as well as a load balancer, reverse proxy, and web server – eliminates the need for a separate API gateway layer, simplifying your infrastructure and reducing points of failure. [April 20 at 10:30 a.m. PDT]
- Karthik Krishnaswamy hosts an Introduction to Distributed API Management. He details the characteristics of distributed API management and explains how to drive innovation by accelerating API release velocity. [April 22 at 10:00 a.m. PDT]
- Rajiv Kapoor and Chris Witeck ask you to Reimagine Security for Modern Apps with NGINX, as integrated security must become a normal part of any DevOps implementation. They explore how making security frictionless and adaptable enables development teams to power ahead without fear. [April 21 at 8:00 a.m. PDT]
- Zach Westall’s Simplifying the Lives of NetOps and DevOps by Enabling Automation and Self‑Service in App Delivery promises to be of interest to both the NGINX and F5 communities as he shows the commonality between two views of app delivery that are often considered to be in conflict. [April 21 at 11:00 a.m. PDT]
NGINX & F5 – A Holistic View
Since NGINX joined the F5 family, we’ve been discovering along with our customers all the ways our products work together. In these breakout and lightning sessions, we’ll share what we’ve learned:
- Nicolas Menant speaks on Marrying your Modern and Traditional Applications with NGINX and BIG‑IP in One Fell Swoop with a single step to deployment for traditionally siloed teams. [April 22 at 10:00 a.m. PDT]
- Scott Laster and Srikanth Thadigol Reddappa outline API Security: NGINX App Protect and the Best Partner Solutions as a combination for delivering security as code.
- Owen Garrett’s Delivering Apps from Red Hat OpenShift: Best Practices from the F5 DevOps Community reveals how DevOps users can take advantage of NGINX technology to deliver complex applications at a larger scale. [April 22 at 11:00 a.m. PDT]