NGINX Plus is convenient, fully supported by NGINX, Inc., and provides a range of advanced features.
- It’s convenient – Install prebuilt and tested binaries from NGINX’s private repo.
- It’s supported – Take advantage of full support and updates from NGINX, Inc., the team behind both NGINX Open Source and NGINX Plus.
- It’s feature-rich – NGINX Plus combines the functionality of a high‑performance web server, a powerful front‑end load balancer and a highly scalable accelerating cache to create the ideal end-to-end platform for your web applications. NGINX Plus is built on top of NGINX Open Source and we are continuing to develop NGINX Open Source. For more information please see What’s the difference between NGINX Open Source and NGINX Plus? and the branching policy in NGINX 1.6 and 1.7 released.
The benefits of NGINX Plus depend on your organization’s current environment and requirements:
- For organizations currently using NGINX Open Source, NGINX Plus eliminates the complexity of managing a “do-it-yourself” chain of proxies, load balancers, and caching servers in a mission‑critical application environment.
- For organizations currently using hardware‑based load balancers (application delivery controllers, or ADCs), NGINX Plus provides a full set of ADC features in a much more flexible software form factor, priced as a cost‑effective subscription.
- For organizations requiring a modern solution for a scalable, reliable web architecture, NGINX Plus is backed by the 10‑year track record of NGINX Open Source powering the world’s busiest websites.
- For organizations requiring a solution for massively scalable HTTP video delivery, NGINX Plus has advanced video support.