NGINX is the world’s fastest growing web server and application acceleration company with hundreds of millions of sites using our software. It is the #1 web server of choice for the top 100,000 busiest websites, including Facebook, Netflix, Hulu, Pinterest, WordPress, and Living Social. NGINX has an amazing culture built upon our core traits: Progress, Excellence, Openness, and Curiosity.
NGINX, Inc. is searching for a Backend Engineer to join our vibrant engineering team to work on one of the most exciting network management projects out there. This position may work out of our San Francisco or Sunnyvale office, and reports to the Development Team Lead, Sehyo Chang.
We’re building the tools to help millions of our loyal users do more with their NGINX servers. As a member of the core development team, you’ll apply your talent, knowledge, skills, and experience toward the operations, deployment, and creation of our sophisticated backend and client-side mechanisms aimed at managing microservices applications and their networking, as well as visualization and analysis.
- Develop service code for a Docker-based microservices application
- Participate in a scrum-based development process, providing effort estimates, commitments and feedback to Jira task, story, and epic tickets
- Collaborate with product managers and engineering managers to develop feature specifications and implementation approach
- Implement functional components based on the architecture and under the direction of development leads
- Work in a test-driven environment, verifying the functionality of code and components through implementation of unit and integration tests
- Work in a continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) environment using Jenkins and similar tools
- 5-plus years of experience as a backend engineer
- 3-plus years of experience developing with backend languages, such as Go, Python, and/or Java
- Experience working with Docker-based microservices
- Experience with Kubernetes or Mesos
- Experience working with NoSQL databases and GraphQL is a plus
- Full-stack development experience is a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency/experience using CI/CD systems, test-driven development, and agile methodologies, such as scrum
NGINX, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of Progress, Excellence, Openness, and Curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX, Inc. is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX, Inc. employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX, Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.