NGINX helps the world’s most innovative companies deliver their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale. More than 300 million sites — including half of the Internet’s busiest websites — rely on NGINX. Companies like Airbnb, Box, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, SoundCloud, and Zappos use NGINX for advanced load balancing, web and mobile acceleration, security controls, application monitoring, and management.
NGINX Software, Inc. is searching for a Communications and Customer Marketing Specialist to join our growing Marketing team in San Francisco. This is an integral position, responsible for NGINX’sinternal and external communications, including creating content, managing PR/AR campaigns and leading customer engagement programs.
The ideal candidate is a passionate thinker and doer who can help us reach marketing and sales goals, create a stronger brand, and enhance the customer program. If you have experience in marketing communications working with media, analysts and customers–then this is the role for you!
Our culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re looking for people with similar mindsets. NGINX is a small, growing company with a startup culture and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If you want to make a difference, take your career to the next level, and work in a highly energetic environment, please send us your resume – we’d love to talk.
Responsibilities will include:
PRESS & ANALYST RELATIONS
- Manage media relations and analyst engagement plans to positively influence key stakeholders and ensure coherence in global messaging
- Develop and review press releases, byline articles, award submissions, and other materials
- Maximize the company’s analyst and research subscription with analysts
- Research media coverage and industry trends
- Assist Director with overseeing the company’s global PR agency.
- Manage and maintain customer engagement and advocacy programs; continually recruiting new customer advocates
- Own and drive program to attract customer references to help Sales win new business and reduce sales cycle
- Craft and edit customer success story articles and videos to comply with NGINX and industry standards
- Work with customers in reference program to share their stories with industry analyst and the media
- Collaborate with Sales team to identify and target ideal customer references across product lines, industries and geographies
- Measure and optimize customer reference program to ensure a valuable experience for Sales and customers
- Manage customer satisfaction surveys to drive change throughout the organization
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on communications, marketing, and business
- 3-5 years previous PR/Analysts, Customer Success, or Account Management experience in-house or from agency
- Experience executing marketing campaigns and programs that drive customer engagement and advocacy
- Ability to write effective copy is a necessity; graphic design capabilities are a plus
- Familiarity with B2B marketing and communications
- Interpersonal skills and ability work with cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Previous knowledge of open source ecosystem a plus
NGINX Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.