NGINX helps the world’s most innovative companies deliver their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale. More than 300 million sites — including half of the Internet’s busiest websites — rely on NGINX. Companies like Airbnb, Box, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, SoundCloud, and Zappos use NGINX for advanced load balancing, web and mobile acceleration, security controls, application monitoring, and management.
NGINX Software, Inc. is searching for a Customer Success Representative (CSR) to join our growing sales team in San Francisco. This position reports to the Manager of Customer Success. It is a quota-carrying, revenue generating role responsible for upselling customers to premium services and for identifying opportunities for add-on sales of NGINX products.
A successful CSR will create and build customer relationships from the signing of the first contract through the entire lifecycle of the account. You will own all aspects of nurturing relationships with our customers, including driving engagement, overall customer satisfaction, and retention within our install base. You must be comfortable under pressure and adept at creative problem solving, as well as work proactively to set and maintain expectations, and serve as the customer voice internally.
Our CSRs develop a deep knowledge of our systems and process, and quickly think of solutions to complex problems. If you are technically proficient, and have the patience and passion to guide customers and stakeholders through all the capabilities of our products and solutions, this is a role where you can showcase your talent and make an impact. Our ideal candidate will be poised for explosive growth while remaining committed to keeping our customers healthy, happy, and wanting more NGINX.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for customers after implementation, and assume overall customer adoption responsibility and escalation management
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with customer stakeholders and executive sponsors to drive product adoption and ensure customers are leveraging our solution to achieve full business value
- Effectively manage renewal of all contracts in assigned territory to protect and grow NGINX renewal revenue
- Efficiently handle customer inquiries related to quotes, pricing, co-terming, up-selling, and reinstatement of contracts.
- Be measured on customer logo retention and revenue generated on renewals from proactively working with the customers and account executives
- Partner with professional services and engineering teams to align account activities with the customer’s business case and strategy
- Stay current with the most recent changes to our product and educate customers on offerings and updates
- Conduct periodic customer business reviews
- Identify renewal risks and collaborate with internal teams to remediate and ensure a successful renewal
- Identify and communicate customer pain points to the product team
- Maintain and update Salesforce.com records with conversation notes and proactive activities
- A passion for customers and problem solving
- Previous sales experience in software or tech a plus
- Previous renewal sales experience preferred
- Self-starter with demonstrable ability to work independently and creatively
- Ability to manage 60-plus projects a quarter
- Understanding of competitive landscape preferred
- Excellent phone and written communication skills (including listening, interpreting, writing), as well as organizational and time management skills
- Regular, proactive, and consistent communication, both internally and externally
- Positive, customer-centric attitude
- Comfort with Salesforce.com CRM, and various sales and prospecting tools
- Proven ability to identify and resolve unique problems, and navigate between details and strategic solutions
- Ability to embrace the importance of teamwork and operate comfortably in an innovative, startup environment
- High degree of professional integrity
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in customer success is highly preferred
NGINX Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.