NGINX helps the world’s most innovative companies deliver their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale. More than 300 million sites — including half of the Internet’s busiest websites — rely on NGINX. Companies like Airbnb, Box, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, SoundCloud, and Zappos use NGINX for advanced load balancing, web and mobile acceleration, security controls, application monitoring, and management.
NGINX Software, Inc. is searching for a Technical Trainer to join our growing team in San Francisco. This technical training developer and trainer will help grow NGINX University, our resource for customers and users to learn more about running and configuring the open source NGINX software and NGINX Plus.
Our culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a small, growing company with a startup culture and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If you want to make a difference, take your career to the next level, and work in a highly energetic environment, please send us your resume – we’d love to talk.
In this role you’ll do the following:
- Deliver NGINX training to customers and prospects in-person and via a virtual classroom
- Work with subject matter experts to develop new training titles and update existing titles to keep pace with the product by:
- Defining objectives/use cases
- Building and testing hands-on activities in training environments
- Writing content to prepare participants to successfully complete hands-on activities
- Piloting training deliveries and implementing feedback
- Work with the training manager, product managers, professional services, and others to define new titles
- Create content for multiple channels, such as e-learning, ILT, blog posts, certification, etc.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Technical depth and flexibility to credibly present to very technical audiences
- An interest in how people learn
- An interest in both writing and delivering training
- An interest in new web technologies, e.g., DevOps, microservices, etc.
- A willingness to dig-in on the hard stuff to ensure it’s done right
- Experience creating and delivering training for some or all of the following:
- HTTP, web servers, and/or web applications
- Load balancing
- Linux/Unix systems
- Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, and/or related systems
- Experience configuring environments in AWS, Google Cloud, or similar systems
- A BS/BA degree in a relevant field (CS, EE, MIS) or equivalent experience. An MA degree in Instructional Design, or equivalent experience is nice to have
- Enjoy working independently and are driven to produce results with a minimum amount of supervision
- Able to travel 10-30% of the time
- Experience developing e-learning is a plus
- Experience building technical certification is a plus
NGINX Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.