NGINX helps the world’s most innovative companies deliver their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale. More than 300 million sites — including half of the Internet’s busiest websites — rely on NGINX. Companies like Airbnb, Box, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, SoundCloud, and Zappos use NGINX for advanced load balancing, web and mobile acceleration, security controls, application monitoring, and management.
NGINX, International Limited is searching for a UK Country Manager to join our growing EMEA sales team and lead the overall UK business. The UK Country Manager will work remotely from London, owning and directly selling into the UK large enterprise market, as well as taking overall responsibility for the whole country number and broader UK sales team in time.
A strong network in the financial services sector is crucial. A knowledge of networking, load balancer, and application delivery controller (ADC) markets are definite advantages but not required. Experience with open source software and subscription sales is a significant advantage.
Our culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a small, growing company with a startup culture and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If you want to make a difference, take your career to the next level, and work in a highly energetic environment, please send us your resume – we’d love to talk.
- Be a key contributor to the EMEA sales team by directly selling into and growing our large enterprise business in the UK
- Promote and sell NGINX‘s products and professional services in the UK, especially within the financial services sector
- Develop, manage, and own the large enterprise pipeline for the UK to overachieve on sales targets with both net-new and install-base accounts
- Develop and maintain long-term, executive-level relationships within UK large enterprises, and in particular, within the financial services sector
- Build and maintain an in-depth knowledge of NGINX’s products, services, trends, and competition
- Use your sales acumen and regional knowledge to build additional pipeline through outbound and sales prospecting activities
- Maintain a consistent sequence of communication with prospects and leverage available prospecting tools
- High level of forecast accuracy expected
- Pricing and contract negotiation
- Manage relationships and maintain exceptional levels of customer service
- Coordinate with pre-sales, marketing, and engineering
- Report writing and maintenance
- Proven track record of building a pipeline and delivering on individual sales targets
- Recent experience selling into the financial services sector in London
- Experience successfully carrying and exceeding multi-million pound quotas for large enterprises and/or whole regions
- At least 9-plus years of experience selling software, ideally enterprise software
- 2-plus years of experience in networking, load balancer, enterprise application, and/or ADC markets; or open source software sales
- Experience building sales teams
- Ability to deliver product presentations via webcasting tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com CRM tool
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Be a pleasure for customers and colleagues to work with
- Be a highly driven individual with a track record of solid achievement
- Be comfortable cold- and warm-calling at an executive level
- Willingness to do occasional travel
NGINX, International Limited‘s EMEA Headquarters is based in Cork City Centre, Ireland, where we embrace the culture and attitude from our global headquarters in downtown San Francisco. In our Cork office, you’ll find a great working environment with fun and smart people while being surrounded by great restaurants, bars, and all sorts of other things we make good use of as a team!
NGINX is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.